Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Putting God First: How to Make God the #1 Priority in Every Area of Your Life: A Review


Putting God First: How to Make God the #1 Priority in Every Area of Your Life

Rarely do I order an e-book and make it past the first page. Reading a book on my phone never ends well.

And then I ordered Brittany Ann's book, Putting God First: How to Make God the #1 Priority in Every Area of Your Life. I've read Brittany Ann's blog, Equipping Godly Women, for some time, and I was intrigued by what she'd say.

How could you not be attracted to a description like this:

Do you ever feel stressed, worn out, exhausted or overwhelmed? Like no matter how hard you work, how late you stay up or how much you plan and multitask, there simply is never enough time to fit it all in? Has quiet time with the Lord become a distant memory? And while you know you should change that, at the end of another long day, all you really want to do is fall into bed and sleep? 

Little did I know how much this book would touch my heart.

I scanned the first paragraph or two once my phone said the book was downloaded, then stopped. And read it.

And then I went to the next page.

By the end of the introduction, I was hooked - enough to share the book with friends.

Throughout my morning, I kept wanting to return to the book, and confess I was secretly relieved that the school called to pick up a sick child - so I could read while she watched her movie on the couch!

What was it about an e-book, written for a reading format I struggle with, that grabbed me so much to draw me from my daily work?

It was the fact that "life" was pulling Brittany away from the life she should be living in the Lord. She was overextended in the wrong things, and neglecting the simple tasks that could bring her peace and comfort. Being faithful to the Lord doesn't require long hours, but it requires mindfulness in Him. It requires a relationship, not a wish list and a check-off box.

For some time, I've been bothered by some personal habits of mine. Like the fact that I, who always felt uncomfortable when a phone meeting plowed through the overhead noontime prayer, now was rushing down the hall when I heard those words of faith over the intercom.

Or the fact that I was going through life without stopping to say grace, or if I did, it was while I was doing six other things for mealtime.

Or the fact, as I told my husband, "I don't have anything else to give."

So instead, I spent a sick day afternoon reading - and hopefully taking to heart - ways I can become a more godly woman. Not in the holier than thou variety, but one who just carries peace in her heart in the most difficult seasons.

I urge you to check out Putting God First: How to Make God the #1 Priority in Every Area of Your Life today. It's a fast read, and one that I hope will touch your heart as well. The book currently is free for download on Amazon, please grab your free copy today!



14 comments:

  1. That is SO TRUE. Reminds me of the scripture to acknowledge God in everything you do, and He will give us direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good read. I'm with you though, rarely can I read an e-book. There's something comforting about flipping through the pages of a real book that really makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just got it the other day - reading thru it now....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so there! I am getting this book-100%! Thanks for sharing this, its so needed! :-)
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a love affair with my Kindle. I've been known to try and turn the pages. This books sounds good. Glad to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a huge fan of e-books either, but I'll give this one a try. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love free Amazon ebooks. there are some real gems in the mix. So glad you found a great one. It's so nice to hear about good books that are greatly impacting those who read it. Thank you so much for sharing!

    Marissa

    Reading List

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like a great book!! I love free books from amazon

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a great book! It's so important to keep God first in our lives

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for recommending this book. I am sure that many will be able to relate. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like a good book! Thank you for recommending it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, I'm just now seeing this. Thank you so much for sharing and your very sweet review!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a nice review, it sounds like a very good book. I do not like e-books, I know we are in the age of technology, but give me a real book to hold, turn the pages and breathe in that book smell. I have a Kindle and have hundreds of books I can't seem to get past the first chapter on. :) Thanks for linking up with Thankful Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been known to try and turn the pages.


    Goldclub Slot

    ReplyDelete