My child's First Holy Communion was an amazing experience. But it was also stressful for mom.
The reason? How to celebrate.
Creating a First Communion party menu is a challenge at best. A Google search and you'll be dismayed by big-budget catering menus or elaborate lunch plans. But we're a relatively simple family on a simpler budget. On top of that, Mass was at noon, which meant we'd have hungry second graders and guests by the time we got home.
Oh, and did I mention the 80% chance of storms all day that day? What to do?
If you're a mom like me, who needs an easy go-to meal for your First Communion party, today I'm sharing our party plan with you. Hopefully this will ease some of the stress of this big day!
Stress Free First Communion Party Menu
- Bake cupcakes. (Homemade or from a mix)
- Make coleslaw or Asian Ramen salad.
- Prepare veggie dip if you hadn't pre-bought.
- Slice veggies for vegetable tray. (If you didn't buy pre-cut.)
- Start barbecue chicken in slow cooker.
- Shred barbecue chicken; serve on buns.
- Cook hot dogs.
- Set out foods and enjoy a RELAXED meal with your loved ones - because this is what this kind of celebration is about!