Monday, November 24, 2014

My baby's staying a baby: That's all I need.

My baby just announced he was getting rid of all his "little books."

"I just need chapter books now," my first grader said.

And my heart took a skip.

What? My baby doesn't read his books anymore?

"No Goldbug?"

"I'm too old for this book."

"No Three Little Jayhawks?" I asked.

"No I love the Jayhawks. I need it."

"No John Deere?"

"I love John Deere!" he said, taking it back.

"And this one. I love this one."

"And I need this one."

It felt a little bit from the scene from The Jerk...




But what all I need? My baby to stay little just a little bit longer.

2 comments:

  1. Awe very sweet. I am looking forward to when my two year old will sit still long enough to read chapter books but hadn't thought of how bittersweet it will also be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They grow up so fast! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete